Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Twenty Year Band Reunion

Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Centennial High School has been around for twenty years... and Mr. Hartman has been the band director since the school opened. I can easily say that in my 19 years of school, Mr. Hartman was my most influential teacher. Having spent four years under his direction, I learned an incredible amount about myself as a flautist and developed character traits that make me who I am today. So when I heard that some CHS alumni were organizing a twenty year band reunion, I of course jumped at the chance to participate. I toured the new performing arts center, had a picnic at a park with some other alumni, listened to the alumni band perform, and had a fantastic catered dinner surrounded by people who love Mr. Hartman just as much as I do. It was such an enjoyable event, and I hope that Mr. Hartman knows how much he is loved in our community! Thanks for everything Mr. Hartman!!!

0 comments: