Thursday, March 13, 2008

Airlines and Hotels

Thursday, March 13, 2008
I spent the last several days in Las Vegas for a conference for work. I've got lots of pictures and comments, so get ready for more posts :-) Anyway, I decided something this week. Airlines and hotels really need to jump on the "green" bandwagon. I wonder how many soda cans and plastic cups airlines go through during their beverage service. Does anyone know if there are airlines that recycle? I haven't really done the research, but I'm assuming they just throw everything away (since the cups and cans go in the same trash bags that the other trash goes into). And then what about hotels? Having been in Vegas and seeing LOTS of people drinking all around me, where are the glass and aluminum recycle bins? Does Vegas even have a recycling program? If I had brought an extra suitcase, I may have brought all my recycling home with me :-) There were plastic drinking cups for water all over the conference (even though we were all provided with reusable plastic water bottles), we got box lunches each day in cardboard boxes, etc. I know, I'm a dork, but it sure would be nice to have seen at least the option of recycling. I am definitely going to comment to the conference organizers - let's find a hotel for next year's conference that makes recycling and the environment a priority.

1 comments:

Nancy said...

I like to see the entire state of Utah even think about recycling as a mandatory program. California started it when I was still in Jr. High, but I have to pay an arm & a leg out here to even get recycling for part of the year!