Sunday, March 16, 2008

Jump, Jump, Jump!

Sunday, March 16, 2008
All my little sister Beki wanted for her 18th birthday was to go skydiving, so that's what she got! It has been probably 7 or so years since the only time I went skydiving, so I decided to join Beki on her inaugural jump! It was a blast. We did the high-altitude jump of 13,500 feet. We had a 60-second free fall during which we dropped at about 120 mph. Talk about a rush! I think my cheeks were totally flapping :-) I guess I'll find out when I get the dvd of my jump next week. Anyway, I thought I'd share a quick clip of my totally graceful landing, and hopefully I'll be able to load my entire video to YouTube when I get it!


11 comments:

The Cowan Family said...

So much fun, Kim!! I can't believe you now...sky diving, motorcycle riding...what's next?

Corinne said...

How fun! You are such a dare devil!!! I think I would have chickened out at the last minute.

Mandy Nelson said...

Glad you had fun! Love the new look of your blog!

Val said...

Holy cow you are brave! I have nightmares about doing this kind of stuff!

Liz said...

I love it! We went skydiving a couple months before we got married- what a rush! When we landed the guy I was jumping with said, "Wow. I've never had anyone scream so loud for so long." Um, should I be proud of that? :) How fun that you got to go with your sister!

Lisa O said...

Yes, your life truly is amazing! Looks like fun!

Mandi said...

Wish I could have been there - I can't wait to see your video :)

Robin said...

This is awesome!I would love to see your landing.

Anie said...

WOW- you guys are crazy!!!! I could NEVER do it! Did it sacre you at all?????

Sally said...

Whoa! That looks like a ton of fun - too bad I'm wicked scared of heights. :) You are super brave! I love the variety of your blog. The Vegas pictures were awesome and your new shoes are too cute! Hope all is still going well for you!

Melissa said...

That looks like so much fun Kim! I always wanted to do that but have been way to scared! Maybe someday...maybe.