Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Today is my dad's birthday, and I just want to say Happy Birthday and let him know how much I love and appreciate him.

I have also been meaning to post about my dad's most recent business trip, so thought I'd combine it here. I seriously have the coolest dad. My dad never went on business trips until I was in high school (if I remember correctly). Before he left on his first business trip, I informed him that the cool dads brought back gifts for their kids when they went on business trips. I still remember that first gift I got - Princess Bride on DVD (my very first dvd that was actually mine). I thought that was so fun, and it still remains a prominent part of my small DVD collection. So what makes my dad even cooler is that he didn't stop buying me gifts on his business trips once I went to college, moved out of the house, etc. He still remembers me each time he is away. I have an apron from Louisiana with a gumbo recipe on it, a beautiful necklace from New Mexico (or was it Arizona?), and more. He most recently bought me this cute t-shirt from San Diego. The fact that he thinks of me while he is traveling makes me feel special. I love you dad!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a really great dad!