Sunday, March 02, 2008

Robots, Salmon, and Family!

Sunday, March 02, 2008
What a great couple of days I just had! My family and I flew to Portland on Thursday night to support my brother BJ in his robot competition. Their first day of competition was a bit rocky, but they worked out all the kinks, and made a huge comeback yesterday. Their robot rocked! Their alliance (BJ's robot plus robots from 2 other schools) ended up making it to the semi-finals. They're off to California in April to try their luck again at making it to Nationals - good luck BJ!

Our Portland trip ended up being kind of a mini family reunion. My Aunt Kathy, Uncle Steve and Aunt Dena, and my cousins Ashlynn and Abby traveled down to Portland to cheer BJ on and visit with us. I had only met Ashlynn once and hadn't met Abby yet, so their visit was especially fun. On Friday night, Steve took us all out to dinner at McCormick & Schmick's - a fabulous steak and seafood restaurant. I had some delicious salmon topped with crab and basil butter... soooo yummy - thanks Steve!

And of course, it was fun to see Mandi, TJ, and my cute niece Hailey :-) Thanks for making the trip down from Moscow!

4 comments:

Val said...

How fun to see so much family! We're going to Portland during Spring Break. Any fun things you recommend to do there?

Sally said...

That looks like such a fun trip - congrats to BJ! I'm sure would've loved to see a REAL robot! Hailey is adorable!

The Cowan Family said...

Sounds like you had such a great trip...there's nothing better than family!

Emily said...

Hailey is cute. I like to see you with her. I bet your parents love the grandparenting role, even at a distance.

Kim, I've just read through your last couple of blogs and feel like I've had a good read. Thanks for sharing. I love what you do and how you do it.