Saturday, June 14, 2008

Biking and Bagels

Saturday, June 14, 2008
Katrina is my mountain biking buddy :-) I can always count on her when I want to go on a Saturday morning ride in the beautiful Boise foothills (and on her husband to watch their kids - thanks Matt!). I have been wanting to go mountain biking for a couple months now, but the weather in Boise has been so weird this year. It was like we had three winters. Just when we thought spring was here for good, the the wind and the rain and the 40 degree temperatures would come back. Ugh! Well, now that it's almost summer, we are having some beautiful weather! Katrina and I took advantage of the sunshine and took our bikes out on the trails this morning. We stopped and took this picture along the way - can you see beautiful Boise in the background?!

This is our third season of riding together, and we started a new tradition today - biking and bagels! We decided that after each of our rides that we would stop at a local bagel shop and split a bagel as a "reward" for working so hard on the trails :-)

2 comments:

Phil, Courtney, and Aiden said...

yay! I love both of you girls. I wish I was in good enough shape to go with you! maybe next year!

Mandi said...

Sounds like a great tradition. Mom said you are taking a crazy bike ride soon! Good luck with that!