Monday, June 23, 2008

Guardian Bell

Monday, June 23, 2008
Jen gave me a Guardian Bell for my birthday. I had never heard of a Guardian Bell before, and I thought it was so cool. I just hung the bell on my bike. Here's what it's all about:

Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where pot-holes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Is there a certain kind of bell that is needed, or can I buy my hubby any bell? I get so worried when he's out on the road with crazy Utah drivers. I'd go for a little superstitious Guardian Bell right now!

Ross said...

I heard it HAD to be given as a gift, you cannot purchase your own bell. I'm glad you have one to watch over you! ^_^

Katrina said...

I'm not going mountian biking with you if you have that bell on.