Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hiawatha Trail

Sunday, June 22, 2008
I just spent a fabulous weekend in northern Idaho. Jen, Jessica, Andrea, and I took a quick road trip (950 miles in 3 days!) up north, rented mountain bikes, and rode the Hiawatha Trail. The trail is 15 miles long and has some of the most breathtaking scenery I've ever seen. The trail actually used to be a railroad... we rode through 10 tunnels (one of which was 1.66 miles long!) and over 7 high trestles. We couldn't have asked for nicer weather. The pictures don't do it justice, but at least you get the idea.

Me by the waterfall near the beginning of the trail

One of the seven trestles that we rode across

Riding through one of the tunnels

Enjoying the scenic ride

4 comments:

Corinne said...

How fun! I rode the same trail in high school and loved it. Happy Birthday yesterday Kim!

Liz said...

No way! That looks SO COOL! I would love to do that someday! What a fun getaway!

Val said...

That is awesome! I'm jealous you get to go do things like that!

A*Waite said...

That looks like so much fun! I am headed to Northern Idaho later this summer and I think I will try it out. Can you ride a road bike on the trail or do you need a mountain bike?
I hope life is treating you well. YOu have a cute blog!
amber waite croff