Monday, April 13, 2009

First Thursday

Monday, April 13, 2009
I've blogged about First Thursday before, but I just think it is so cool. My friend Krista had another art show at First Thursday - this month she designed clothing out of live plants! I think the entire point of the art show was to re-use materials. Another artist "dressed up" these cool, old chandeliers with paint, jewelry, beads, etc. I seriously almost bought one to replace the chandelier over my dining room table, just as to have as a unique discussion point!

Anyway, I was totally impressed with Krista's creativity. I really liked the moss dress (the moss was the only part of all her designs that wasn't live). I am looking forward to Krista's upcoming fashion show, for which she designed all the clothing with material from old clothing that was donated to her!

0 comments: