Monday, April 13, 2009

Beat Pete

Monday, April 13, 2009
Saturday was the annual Beat Coach Pete race. Of course I had to run to support the student scholarship program (although since I knew there was no way I would beat Pete, I decided to make an extra donation to scholarships myself)! Coach Pete finished the 5k in 25:38... yeah, I didn't even come close with my 31 minute finish time - although 322 people did beat him! Coach Pete had pledged to donate $5 to scholarships for every runner that beat him, but he generously donated $5000!

I now have a t-shirt to match last year's shirt - it says "I'll Beat Pete Next Year". I doubt that will ever happen! Oh well, at least I have a nice new dri-fit shirt to add to my workout clothes! Oh, and I was stoked that Beki finished her first year of college in time to participate in the race with me. Her friend Bryce ran it too... he was the only one of the three of us to beat Pete!


1 comments:

Sally said...

Awesome! If I would have known about it, I would have joined you, but I am barely is enough shape to run the Race for the Cure in May. I don't think I could have Beat Pete either! By the way, those clothes are wild and the cupcakes are adorable. Thanks for the cute idea. Maybe I will do them for Katie's birthday if we are settled at all.