Monday, November 15, 2010

Boise State Rakes Up Boise!

Monday, November 15, 2010
I tried a few years ago to organize a Rake up Boise team between the staff in my office, Admissions, and Financial Aid... I remember being disappointed that only a few people volunteered (in all fairness, there was a football game that day!), but we all had fun raking and serving those in need.  This year, I decided to cast the net a little farther and invited all faculty and staff to participate on a Boise State team.  I got a little better response (about 40 people), and had enough participants for 4 teams.  We all raked on Saturday morning, and everyone had a great time.  My team raked for just under 2 hours and we had 32 bags of leaves!  I got a call this morning from the resident at the house we raked - she went on and on about how it was the best raking job she'd ever seen - way to go team!

After raking for Rake up Boise, I spent another three hours raking my own lawn (including blowing all the leaves from the landscaping beds).  My wisteria still has some leaves, so I know I'll be back out for more raking later this year, but I'm happy to have the bulk of it done!

0 comments: