Saturday, December 11, 2010

Adjunct Professor

Saturday, December 11, 2010
I can't remember if I've mentioned on here before, but this semester I taught a lab section of University 101 at Boise State.  I think that makes me an adjunct professor :-)  I like the sound of that!  I only had 11 students in my class, but we had a lot of fun together.  We covered topics on health, career/major exploration, financial management, emotional intelligence, time management, advising and using BroncoWeb to register for classes and check academic progress, how to use Blackboard, etc.  They did class presentations and wrote reflection papers on campus activities and workshops they attended and we usually had good discussions in class.  I even brought pizza in last week to thank them for being my first class :-)  Well, the semester is over, and I'm kind of sad to not have them in class anymore.  I don't know how any of them feel, and maybe it was more exciting for me because it was my first experience teaching a college-level course, but I will miss them!  I'm sure I will continue to bump into them sometimes on campus, and I wish them all well in their programs here at Boise State.

I won't be teaching in the Spring because I'll be gone a couple weeks during the semester for my trip to Africa, but I hope I get the chance to teach again next Fall!

2 comments:

SAYDA said...

My husband is a high school teacher, but he is also a adjunct professor for CSI on Tuesday nights.

We got tickets for the polar Express for the 23rd. I am so excited to see the faces on my little grandchildren. Thanks for your help!

Mandi said...

I agree that teaching is pretty cool ;) I am sure they loved you. I hope you get a chance to teach again next fall too.