Sunday, February 24, 2008

Beautiful Afternoon

Sunday, February 24, 2008
I have been waiting for today for several months... This afternoon I took my first motorcycle ride of the year :-) It has finally started warming up, and the street sweepers have removed most of the sand from the major roadways (they dumped tons of sand on the road this winter because of all the snow). So this afternoon when I saw that it was over 50 degrees, I grabbed my gear and headed out. Oh how I have missed riding this winter! I love how my senses come alive when I ride... sight, sound, smell, touch. I really become much more aware of my surroundings. The snow-capped mountains, the blue sky with ominous black clouds, the cool air against my face... All I can say is that I am definitely looking forward to Spring!!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

My crazy husband rides a scooter (goes at least 65 mph, so nothing to be laughed at... too much), all winter! Granted, if there's snow on the ground, I take him to work/school just to make sure he's safe.

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing you zip around town on your bike. It is one of the things I miss since we moved.

Love you! -Robin