Monday, February 16, 2009

Little Country Girl

Monday, February 16, 2009
I have wanted a pair of cowboy boots for years now. Every time that I go to a rodeo or a country concert or some other event where I dress country, I have been bummed that I haven't had authentic cowboy boots to go with my outfit. Well, this weekend I finally broke down and got myself a pair of Fatbabys... I love them! Why did I wait so long to buy these? It's not like my feet are still growing :-) They should last me forever, right? Plus, now I can ride horses with Jen this summer!

Buying these boots reminds me of growing up... my dad often wore cowboy boots when I was younger (and I guess he still does on casual Fridays!). I remember as a little girl when my dad would lay down on his bed in the evening, I would sometimes help him pull off his boots :-) It's funny how little things can spark memories of the past...

2 comments:

MaiTy said...

This reminds me of the first time we met!!!

Kimberly said...

Oh yeah, I should have included country dancing in my post! I miss those days!!!