Friday, February 06, 2009

True Love

Friday, February 06, 2009
I just had to share this email I got from my mom! My mom had surgery last month and part of her thyroid was removed, so she now has to take medication daily to supplement. The title of her email was "Your Dad Loves Me". I really do have a great dad :-)

Hi Kids -

I want you to know how lucky I am that I am married to your father. He takes such good care of me.


Dad takes his prescription medication every morning as soon as he wakes up - before he even gets out of bed. He is in a routine, and he never forgets his medication.


I am now on thyroid medication and I am not in a routine yet - and Dad worries that I might forget to take it. SOOOOO, he tried to give me my pill when he takes his. BUT, I am still sleepin
g and I was grumpy that I had to wake up to take it. I have to take the thyroid medication on an empty stomach - 30 min before eating. SOOOOO, Dad wants to make sure I take it in the morning.

Well, I wake up about the time that Dad is shaving. Dad wants to be sure that I take my medication. SOOOO, he decided on a way that HE will remember to GIVE ME my medication each morning.
The picture tells the rest of the story.
Love, Mom

PS He seriously shaves each morning with my thyroid medication attached to his razor. Talk about "true love".

5 comments:

MaiTy said...

Oh my gosh, I love it. I love even more that your mom shared it with you!!!

Corinne said...

That is seriously the cutest thing I have heard in a long time. Way to go Brother Nye!

Robin said...

Wonderful. What a great guy your dad is and a very lucky woman your mom is. I guess this is why you are so awesome hu?

Lisa O said...

Oh, that is so sweet Kim! Thanks for sharing a little part of your parent's love story. I love hearing things like that.

The Thackers said...

Awesome!!