Thursday, July 02, 2009

Birthday Flowers

Thursday, July 02, 2009
I had a really good birthday this year... I wasn't necessarily looking forward to turning 29 (for some reason I would rather be 30), but my friends and family helped me have a great day. My morning started off with a delicious breakfast brought into work by several of my coworkers (thanks Terri, Diana, Ross, and Jami!) Then, for lunch, Mandi, Beki, and my aunt Kathy took me to lunch at Smoky Mountain.... mmmm, I love pasta. That afternoon I had a fun surprise - Jen had sent me flowers :-) I have never received flowers at work, so it was a fun surprise! I have often been (secretly) slightly jealous of others who have received flowers at work, so this special delivery definitely made my day. I ended the day with a hike to Tablerock. As I stood at the top of the mountain looking out over Boise, I was once again reminded how lucky I am to live in this beautiful city. It was the perfect end to my day!

0 comments: