Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Weekend of Theater

Saturday, July 18, 2009

This was definitely a theater weekend for me! Last night I volunteered at the Shakespeare Festival with BYP. They only had us help out before the show, at intermission, and after the show, so during the show, we got to sit on the hillside and watch the play. Last night's show was The Mystery of Edwin Drood. The play was based on Charles Dickens' final novel. Dickens died before the novel was finished, which made for a very fun play - since there's no set ending, the audience got to vote on a couple of the key decisions at the end... kind of like a Choose Your Own Adventure book :-) Anyway, the play was excellent, and it was fun to meet more BYP members. I love the Shakespeare Festival - I hope to make it back again later this summer!

Tonight my ward went up to Starlight Mountain Theater. I love going up to Starlight (probably because I love Garden Valley!) Here's a picture of Jen, me, and Tyler at intermission.

The play tonight was The Boyfriend - it wasn't my favorite play I've seen there :-( The best part of the night was seeing my brick! Last year I donated money to help out the theater, and this was my first time back up, so I was excited to find my special inscription!

1 comments:

Val said...

I kind of forgot what it feels like to go to the theater! I'll have to make a special trip just to see your brick!