Saturday, December 19, 2009

Every Little Bit Helps

Saturday, December 19, 2009
I have started frequenting a sandwich shop in one of the buildings on campus for lunch. This particular shop takes your order on a brown paper lunch sack, and then uses that sack to put your food in. I always felt so wasteful, taking sack after sack, day after day. I had thought about telling them I didn't need a sack, but that's how they keep their orders straight, so that wouldn't work. One day last week my co-worker Mark was telling me how he and another BSU employee were discussing with each other that they should just keep their lunch sacks and bring them back the next day to reuse them. I think they were joking, but I thought it was a great idea! Not only am I reducing my footprint, but I don't have to tell the sandwich shop people every day what I want - it's already written on my bag :-) I figure every little bit helps!

0 comments: