Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Funky Furniture

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My front room is kind of an awkward shape. It's long and skinny, and then makes an "L" into the dining room. I've never really known what to do with the corner of the room, so I've just had a round glass table back there to fill the space. With the purchase of my fireplace, I knew I needed to do something different. I wanted a sitting area by the fireplace so I could actually enjoy it! I went out in search of chaise lounge to fill the space, but couldn't find one that I really liked. Instead, I fell in love with this chair and ottoman in a funky floral pattern. The blue and lime green don't exactly match the rest of the decor in my house, but I thought it was something fun and a little different. It fills the space well and brightens things up a bit. I'm excited to curl up on my chair and read a good book, enjoying the warmth of the fire.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Oooh...I like! :)

Corinne said...

Love it!!! Where did you get it? I totally want to order a pair for my living room :)

Kimberly said...

I got them on sale at RC Willey... and I special ordered matching throw pillows to put on my brown leather couch and love seat :-)

Mandy Nelson said...

I love it! Totally unexpected! Can't wait to see it on Monday. Make sure you have a velvet hanger available for my coat! ;)