Monday, December 21, 2009

Toasty Warm

Monday, December 21, 2009
When I bought my house almost 6 years ago, the one thing I wanted that the house didn't have was a fireplace. I decided for my Christmas present to myself this year (I don't think there's anything wrong with buying yourself a present!) that I would buy a fireplace! I looked for several months and was discouraged with everything I saw - most were small or the fire looked fake. A few weeks ago, I finally found a brochure with a fireplace I wanted and placed my order immediately. It was delivered and installed today and I love it! It's large and is a beautiful piece of furniture. I'm excited it came before Christmas so I can decorate the mantle and hang stockings!

3 comments:

Mandy Nelson said...

BEAUTIFUL! It looks fantastic. I can't wait to come over, hang my coat on a velvet hanger and curl up with a faux fur blanket in front of your new fireplace! ;)

Corinne said...

How cool! Where in your house is it? In your front room where the armoire was?

Kimberly said...

It's actually kind of in between the living room and dining room, along the wall by the doors to the side deck.