Thursday, December 24, 2009

Prime Rib, Crab, and Lots of Laughter

Thursday, December 24, 2009
What a fun evening! Since Mandi and TJ are having Christmas dinner with TJ's family this year, we decided to do a big Christmas Eve dinner. In my opinion, we only need turkey once a year at Thanksgiving and ham once a year at Easter. Don't get me wrong, I do like turkey and ham, but they aren't on the top of my list of favorite meals. A few weeks ago I texted my mom and said that I thought we should have prime rib or crab legs for Christmas dinner. My mom texted me back, "Mmmmmmm.... or maybe both!" So that's what we had tonight - prime rib AND crab legs with homemade rolls, potato casserole and salad. Let me tell you, it was totally delicious!

After dinner, we continued with tradition by each opening one present. I got volume 1 of the Old Testament Made Easier. I love these books because they have the entire scripture in the book, plus notes, quotes, definitions, and commentary, so you don't need to have more than one book out while you're studying the scriptures. I've got all the Book of Mormon and Doctrine & Covenants books, so I was excited to get my first Old Testament book since that's what we'll be studying in Sunday School this year.

After presents, Mom, Dad, Beki, and I went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a visit. Earlier this year, I attended a Simply Fun party where I got some fun, unique games, so I brought a few of them for us to play. We ended up playing games for a couple hours and laughed our heads off. I seriously can't remember the last time I laughed that much. Thanks everyone for a fun and memorable evening!

0 comments: