Saturday, December 12, 2009

New Friends and Fondue

Saturday, December 12, 2009
Not sure how many times I can say this, but I love fondue :-) However, doing an entire fondue meal (cheese, main dish, and dessert) is a lot of work, so I don't do it very often. In fact, I don't think I've done a full fondue meal since January 2008!

Anyway, tonight some of the people I've met through BYP came over for fondue dinner. Camille and Willie, Kimberly and Scott, and Michelle joined me for an evening of dipping and grilling. It was fun to get to know them a little better and I think everyone had a good time. Mmmmmmm. I am SO full right now!

We got to talking a bit about blogging, and I was disappointed I hadn't taken a picture to document the evening. Kimberly suggested I take a picture of my kitchen at the end of the night - I think she might have been joking, but I decided to do just that! Unfortunately this picture doesn't do my kitchen justice :-) With three courses and new dishes for each course, there are dishes piled on every bit of counter space I have. Thank goodness for dishwashers! I just loaded it up and started it, and I have at least one more load once that one finishes. My goal is to do as little hand washing as possible.

Thanks everyone for a fun night... We'll have to get together again!

3 comments:

Sally said...

THAT is a sign of a fun night! Props for posting pictures of the aftermath :).

Lisa O said...

A messy kitchen = yummy food and fun party! And thanks for sharing your awesome fondue recipes on the recipe blog. Maybe one day I'll get a fondue pot and can actually try them!

Kimberly said...

We had a wonderful time! Great food and even better company. Thanks so much Kimberly!