Monday, April 12, 2010

Family Search

Monday, April 12, 2010
I've always been interested in family history... I can't say that I've actively looked for ancestors, but I have always found the process and the stories fascinating.  This week I was introduced to the new Family Search and I am so excited to get started again!  This new tool is so much better than PAF because it links everyone's work together.  I can see research that my aunt in Missouri or my cousin in Virgina has done so we don't duplicate our efforts.

Anyway, I've been having fun clicking through the records that exist out there... there was one line I followed back to 1363!  I think I'll start with something a little more recent.  We're missing some information on the children of my great-great-great grandparents on my mom's side, so I'm hoping I can help fill in the gaps by looking at census records and other documents.

1 comments:

Sally said...

Yes, I love the new program, too. I have been working on my lines since 1992 and it wasn't until the new system came online that I finally got them cleared for temple work. We just started last August and it's been great. Good luck!

P.S. The verify word is stock. I just found it ironic since we went to MBA school together :).