Sunday, April 11, 2010

No Sugar Challenge

Sunday, April 11, 2010
Today I joined with friends to ban sugar for the next month (April 12 - May 12).  I can have natural sugar like fruit, but can't have cookies, candy, cake, brownies, donuts, etc.  There is a financial penalty for each sugary treat I eat.  My goal is to stick it out.  I'm not sure that's possible.  I will be going through my cupboards and freezer tonight and throwing out anything that could tempt me.

Please help me out by not tempting me with yummy treats!  I should ask the guys at Blimpies to help me out too... Lately whenever I've wanted a treat, I've been stopping by my local Blimpies and purchasing one of those really delicious soft frosted sugar cookies with sprinkles.  Definitely worth the 63 cents.  Maybe I can ask them not to sell me any more cookies.

Here's to a good month with no cheating!

2 comments:

Robin said...

You can totally do this Kim. Just start eating ridiculous amounts of fruits and vegetables (the darker and brighter the better) and your body will forget about sugar.

Corinne said...

Very cool. I did this in February and I have never felt better in my life. The first 4 days of detox weren't fun but so worth it! I need to go back on my sugar cleanse soon- it really was awesome.