Saturday, April 03, 2010

Yoga Master

Saturday, April 03, 2010
Okay, maybe I'm not quite a yoga master since I've only been taking classes now for three months, but I'm sure enjoying the classes a lot more than I thought I would!  You might remember that I tried yoga a couple years ago, but that was short-lived.  I'm liking this class a lot better - the teacher isn't as kooky and I feel like I'm getting more of a stretch/strength workout than just contorting my body into awkward positions.  One of the fun things is that several of the weeks I have been the only person in the class, so it's like getting a private yoga lesson... for $6.50 an hour!  Because of that, the instructor has been able to tailor the class a little bit more to my level.  Yea for me.  But that doesn't work out so well for my instructor.  I feel bad because I really like her classes, but she just hasn't had time to market to get more people to her class.  She ended up getting a job at a couple other gyms teaching yoga, so we're just going to finish out my last three classes that I have already paid for and then I'm done.  I could follow her to the gyms she is teaching at, but that would require paying their membership or higher class fees, so I think I'm out.  Bummer.  I'm thinking about getting a yoga DVD and then trying it on my own.  We'll see how that goes!

Here's a picture of me in tree pose for your enjoyment :-)

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

I go to an awesome yoga studio if you ever care to try out a class with me. It's one heck of a workout, but geared toward all levels too! Let me know...