Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fitness and Figure Show

Sunday, April 11, 2010
Kris and I attended a Bodybuilding, Fitness, and Figure show on Saturday night.  I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed the show.  It was amazing to see everything from almost 60-year-old men to mothers of four with really great bodies up on the stage competing.  I didn't love the "shredded" muscle look that some of the guys had (okay, I thought it was kind of gross), but I loved the muscle definition (something I'm working toward, although not to these extremes) and I admire the dedication these athletes portrayed.  These aren't the best pictures, but I thought I would post a couple so you could get an idea of what the show is about.

This is a picture of some of the women figure contestants.

And some of the guys...

This last picture is probably the worst quality of all, but I had to share.  At the end of each category, the guys would "pose it out" - everyone is on the stage together trying to win over the judges and audience with different muscle poses.  It was fun to see how the contestants interacted with each other, trying to "one-up" the others with their poses.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Interesting. Although- I think those women look kind of yucky, too masculine I think...maybe it is the weird poses.

Mandy Nelson said...

ok, the picture of the women makes me want to hurl...they do not look pretty at all! Bleck!