Friday, April 02, 2010

We are the Biggest Losers!

Friday, April 02, 2010
In January I received an email that some people in the Financial Aid office at Boise State were organizing a 12-week Biggest Loser competition.  I was already working toward a goal of my own to be healthier and lose some weight, so of course I jumped at the chance to participate in the competition.  I bought in to three categories - % weight lost, inches lost, and % body fat lost.

Friday was the last day of the competition and the results are in...  I lost 17.1 pounds in 12 weeks and took first place in the % weight lost category!  I also took first in the % body fat lost - down 5.2%.

I was also so proud of my friend (and boss) Kris.  She has been going to bootcamp with me since November... she took 1st in the inches lost category and 2nd place in the other two categories.

To celebrate, Kris and I went shopping at White House Black Market and took our trainer Brandee out to dinner at Bonefish.  We enjoyed a shrimp appetizer, salmon and fish tacos for dinner, and even splurged by splitting key lime pie for dessert. 

I have really loved working out with Brandee - her coaching has truly helped me to become a healthier person.  I am making better choices (most of the time) when it comes to food, and am making time to exercise.  I have not only lost weight, but I have gained quite a bit of muscle.  I am stronger and am working on getting more toned.  I also love that I am now at a healthy body fat percentage.  I know it's only been a few months since I started training with Brandee, but I feel that I have truly made a lifestyle change, and am looking forward to many more years of healthy living!

5 comments:

Beki and Bryce said...

you look so good kim! way to go!

Mandy Nelson said...

I am so proud of you guys! You look fabulous!

Sally said...

You look AWESOME! I wondered if you lost weight when I saw you in that picture with your black dress on. Seventeen pounds is something to be proud of - and in 12 weeks no less. WAY to go! Now you can enjoy showing off in that spring/summer weather ;)!

Corinne said...

Awesome Kim! I am so proud of you. :)

Alesha said...

Hi-I am Bryce's sister. I saw your blog from Beki's. I just wanted to awesome job. It makes me want to work harder at getting more in fit.