Monday, June 30, 2008

Night at the Races

Monday, June 30, 2008
My coworker Matt recently traded his Harley for a race car (I'm not sure what he was thinking - why would anyone want to get rid of their Harley???). He has been really excited about his new hobby, so a few of us decided to support him and headed to the Meridian Speedway on Saturday to watch him race. Of course I had to dress up for the occasion, so I wore my cute pink cowboy hat :-) Camille, Willie, Ross, and I had a great time watching Matt race. I loved his car. It was kind of hard to get a good picture with him speeding around the track, but I tried!

When Matt wasn't racing, we really enjoyed people watching. The Speedway attracts some interesting people! We really liked the mullet lady in the tie-dyed shirt and short peach shorts. And the lady with one of those shirts that had fringe and beads. All in all, it was an enjoyable night. Good job Matt!

6 comments:

The Cowan Family said...

You look so cute in your pink cowboy hat! I love going to races...if only for the people watching.

Mandy Nelson said...

Super cute picture!! :)

Mandi said...

How fun! Looks like a great night at the races. I also love the watch by the way. I am however a little surprised it isn't red!

Lisa O said...

Where did you find that great hat?! I love hearing about all of your adventures my friend. Although I must admit, hearing about all the fun you're having just makes me miss hanging out with you.

I was looking through some CasaDea days pictures a couple of weeks ago and found one of the two of us proudly displaying our homemade cinnamon rolls. Remember how domestic we felt when we spent a good part of one Sunday afternoon trying to make those? I got a good laugh and just wanted you to know I was missing you. :)

Kimberly said...

I got my hat in Nashville while at a conference for work a couple years ago! And yea, I know exactly which cinnamon roll picture you are talking about... I'm pretty sure they were some of the most delicious cinnamon rolls I've ever had :-)

Stephanie said...

Cute picture, Kim!