Monday, June 02, 2008

Stomp!

Monday, June 02, 2008
On Saturday I attended the performance Stomp. I had actually never heard of Stomp before, but a group of my old Albertsons coworkers were going and invited me to go with them. It was absolutely fabulous! The group uses everyday items such as brooms, water jugs, a sink full of soapy dishes, etc. to make amazing percussion ensembles. We had awesome seats in the Morrison Center (right in the center of row B!), and I loved watching the facial expressions of the different performers. Each of the performers played a different role, from ring leader, to wacky guy, to the stupid guy that nobody really liked. Even though not a single word was spoken during the entire show, the performers totally told a story, and it was hilarious! If you ever get the chance to see Stomp, I completely recommend it... Even the cute little 2 year old boy in front of us enjoyed the show!

Here's a clip from a different tour that I found on YouTube. We had different performers and a different stage setup, but you get the idea!

1 comments:

Nancy said...

I've always wanted to see a performance with these guys. They're amazing!