Sunday, May 16, 2010

Commencement... Times Two!

Sunday, May 16, 2010
I am so proud of my brother BJ.  He has been working toward several welding certificates for the last two years.  He started off his college experience at Boise State (where he will get his Technical Certificate and Advanced Technical Certificate this fall), but along the way he picked up his Post-Secondary Technical Certificate in welding from the College of Western Idaho.  CWI's commencement ceremony was Friday evening... the very first commencement since its inception!  I was lucky enough to know the person organizing CWI's commencement ceremony, so my family got tickets to sit in the dignitary seating.  It was so much fun to watch the ceremony from the second row!  I loved this picture that I snapped of BJ as he headed back to his seat after walking across the stage.

After the ceremony, we went out to celebrate at Texas Roadhouse.  It was good to hang out with my family and celebrate BJ's accomplishment.

Fast forward to Saturday morning... Boise State's commencement!  Since I work in the Registrar's Office and my co-worker Mandy puts on commencement, I always help out during commencement (it's pretty much expected!)  It is a lot of fun, though, to see all the excited graduates and proud families, and the ceremony is always beautiful.  Here I am with Kris... ready to start the day!  We both were wearing new dresses :-)

Here are a few more of my co-workers, working commencement and enjoying the beautiful day!


0 comments: