Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Getting Easier

Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I did 300 push-ups at bootcamp tonight.  Yes, 300.  All on my toes.  That was in addition to chest flys, rows, tricep pull downs, shoulder presses, preacher bicep curls, incline sit-ups, lateral shoulder raises, tricep dips, and hundreds.  Needless to say, my arms and shoulders are exhausted.  I don't know that push-ups will ever be easy for me, but I am happy to say that I can tell they ARE getting easier.  When I started bootcamp 8 months ago, I think I could maybe do 25 push-ups before I had to drop to my knees.  And that's if I was lucky.  Now I can pop out 25 like they're no big deal.  I still hate them, don't get me wrong, but it is fun to see the progress I've made.  I love feeling stronger!

Speaking of push-ups, NOT doing them is my new fitness incentive :-)  I needed a little push to lose these last 10 pounds, so Brandee had the idea that for every 5 calories I go over (per day), I need to do one push-up... and for every "bad" food I eat, that's 50 additional push-ups.   I know that I will cheat with eating dessert in a couple weeks when we go to Mystique (I can't pay that much for dinner and not eat my dessert!), but my goal is those will be my only push-ups this next month until my birthday!

0 comments: