Saturday, October 04, 2008

Oh What a Difference!

Saturday, October 04, 2008
This is a picture of the giant ugly florescent light box in my kitchen that I have hated since the day I moved in. Yes, it is hanging by chains from the ceiling. While it has always been ugly, I seem to notice it more and more as I do upgrades in my kitchen. Ever since I got granite counter tops and new appliances last year, that light box has stuck out like a sore thumb. Getting beautiful hardwood in my kitchen was the tipping point. This morning an electrician came out and replaced my box florescent light with recessed can lights. I love them! Removing that light box has totally opened up my kitchen and it is not only brighter, but looks bigger too. Here's the end result. I still have to fill in the holes where the chains hung, but the major work is done!

5 comments:

Robin said...

Oh My Gosh. That looks so much better! I am happy to take all the credit for this. Years ago you had us over for fondue and I told you that fixture needed to go.

I am glad that you took my advice.

Mandy Nelson said...

Wow! What a difference! I can't wait for you to have a re-warming house warming party so I can see all these upgrades in person!

Katrina said...

Incredible! Now I want to redo my kitchen lights.

Val said...

Wow! Your kitchen does look a lot bigger now!

Mandi said...

Now you should post the picture of the puffy valance that your house came with. That, along with the old light fixture, old countertops and appliances - would make a great before and after picture :) It looks great!