Saturday, October 25, 2008

Punk Rockin' It

Saturday, October 25, 2008
Jen and I went shopping a couple weeks ago for our Halloween costumes. We both have two Halloween parties to attend this year and wanted something cool. We loved all the wigs at the Costume Shop, so decided to put together costumes around our hair styles! What I thought was going to be a simple costume turned into quite the ordeal... I not only had to buy the mohawk, but had to buy a bald cap, toupee tape to adhere the mohawk to the bald cap, spirit gum (and remover) to make the bald cap stick to my skin, latex makeup to blend the bald cap to my skin, plus my clothing, shoes, cool pink eyelashes, black lipstick & fingernail polish, etc. Tonight was the first party, and it took about an hour to put my entire costume together. Guess that's a good trial run for Friday night!

7 comments:

Corinne said...

Wow- what a costume! I am so impressed...the last time I dressed up was at BYU!

Robin said...

You look great! I bet it only takes 50 minutes next time you have to do it. Post another picture of you in that costume! Please?

Sally said...

That is AWESOME! I wouldn't have even recognized you! Way to go!

Val said...

That is hilarious! Good job for putting so much effort in to your costume!

Katrina said...

Now you just need a microphone- He was a skater boy she said see you later, boy...

Lisa O said...

You go girl! I always wondered what you looked like with a mohawk. :) You look so sassy in this photo!

Tonja said...

Hi there auntie Kim,
Alex made a point of telling me about your hair and we had to go looking for the picture and blog post! Nice work on being super duper creative.. very funky!
Happy Halloween. Thanks again for taking Alex for his bday, he enjoyed it.