Saturday, November 08, 2008

Splash of Color

Saturday, November 08, 2008
I know I've been saying this for a couple months now, but I'm almost done with my house projects for the year (I'd better be since there's less than 2 months left in the year!). My most recent project has been painting! I decided (along with my interior design friend Meiken), that my dining room needed a splash of color. My house is mostly decorated in warm, rich colors, so went with a red. It is beautiful! It also really ties well with the red sectional in my family room.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Wow - you get a TON done, lady! I love the red color. One day, I'll have to come see your house in PERSON. :) That is Greg's favorite painting you have as the centerpiece. Very classy and chic - love it!

MaiTy said...

Our front room and kitchen were painted this color when we moved in. When we walked through the house, I wasn't sure what I thought. Now I absolutely love it, and it just happens to match all of our furniture! Bold move, and it looks great!

Lisa O said...

So pretty Kim! I have a very similar red in my dining room too. We really loved it at first, but it's a rather small room and with all four walls red it makes the room feel even smaller than it is. I love how open your house is and your little splash of color! Good work.

Corinne said...

I love the color! Can you come to our house and help us pick colors? Drew and I have been arguing about colors for 2 years...not much has been painted. Help!

Val said...

That looks awesome! I wish I could see it in person!