Saturday, January 10, 2009

24-Hour and 3-Hour Shoes

Saturday, January 10, 2009
I recently purchased two new pair of shoes. The first pair I got at the Black & White store, and I think they are just adorable!
After wearing them to work all day (for a total of 10 hours), and walking all over campus, I realized that I didn't want to wear them to work again... my feet were sore (you can't really tell from the picture, but those are 4-inch heels)! I decided that they were now solely church shoes, or my 3-hour shoes. I really don't know how people wear shoes like this all day long!

On the other hand, I now live in my new 24-hour shoes - my Uggs! I know, not anywhere near as cute as my new black shoes, but they are oh-so-comfortable! Jen has been telling me for months now how much she loves her Uggs. .. how warm they are, how soft they are, etc. I mentioned to her that I was thinking about getting Ugg slippers, but she convinced me to get boots and just wear them around the house like slippers. And that's exactly what I do! I wear these boots/slippers without socks and my feet are enveloped in comfort. Mandy tried them on and said that it felt like her foot was wrapped in a warm blanket. Thanks for the great suggestion Jen - I love my Uggs!



2 comments:

Corinne said...

I am pretty use I wouldn't be able to walk across my living room in the first shoes you bought. Youch! But they are cute! Your boots look snuggly though. Maybe next year I'll splurge and get a pair!

Val said...

I have a pair of shoes that are only 10 minute shoes. I wore them to church and had shin splints the rest of the day! You need to wear your Uggs and a miniskirt in California and you'll fit right in!