Sunday, January 18, 2009

I love Garden Valley

Sunday, January 18, 2009
I promise, one day I will own property in Garden Valley, Idaho. I fell in love with Garden Valley a few years ago when Robin was kind enough to share her cabin with us. I enjoyed several outings to her cabin - girls camp, a family reunion, a weekend camping trip, and even one winter trip with a group of friends. It is so peaceful and beautiful, and the best part is it is only an hour outside of Boise, so you can make a quick weekend trip without a ton of driving. In the summer I enjoy the cooler temperatures, floating the river, and performances at Starlight Mountain Theater.

This weekend, I got a group of friends together, and we rented a cabin in beautiful Garden Valley. We had an excellent time relaxing by the fire, watching movies, and playing games. We also had a blast at the new tubing hill. The hill has six different lanes ranging from easy to hard, and a tow rope to take you back up the mountain. My favorite was lane three - it wasn't too technical, and the ending was straight and REALLY fast. They told us you could get going up to 27 miles per hour, but I think we may have gone faster than that... they kept moving us down the mountain because the runs were so fast (so they couldn't start us in the normal position or we would get too much momentum and not be able to stop at the end of the run).

It was also nice to get up out of the inversion we've been experiencing in Boise - I loved the blue sky and sunshine! The scenery on the way back down to Boise was stunning. At a couple of places, I wished there had been a good place to pull off the side of the road to take a picture - it was breathtaking!

3 comments:

Erinlizabeth said...

Yup, your weekend was officially MUCH more exciting than mine!

Robin said...

Oh, This post makes me homesick. WAA!

I love those black shoes. Very sexy.

Corinne said...

How fun! I miss snow and haven't gone tubing in years. What a fun little trip that is so close to home!