Thursday, January 08, 2009

If I Had a Million Dollars...

Thursday, January 08, 2009
Last night I got my second massage ever. It was fabulous, amazing, wonderful. It really just feels so good. The owner of the massage center informed me that it is important to get a massage at least once a month in order to flush toxins from your body and help with decreasing tension and something about muscle memory. Sounds great, right? Well, until you look at the price. A 55-minute massage at this particular place was $65. You also are expected to tip the massage therapist, which is $13 if you do a 20% tip, bringing the grand total to $78. Yes, they have a special if you sign up for a monthly package, but I calculated it out with tip, and even with the discount, you'd still be spending over $700 a year for monthly massages! So anyway, since I'm not made of money, I think I'll just stick to the once or twice a year plan :-)

4 comments:

Robin said...

So relaxing. I think you should get a message every month kim. You should. It's worth it.

J & A Danes said...

You can get them for a ton cheaper at the massage schools and they feel just as great!

Nancy said...

I know what you mean. I love to get them, but I can't afford to do it as often as I'd like. Maybe I'll try out the massage school here.

Katrina said...

Yoga also flushes toxins out and is much cheaper.