Saturday, January 31, 2009

Boise Young Professionals

Saturday, January 31, 2009
Lately I have been feeling like I need to get more involved... more involved with my community, more involved in professional organizations, more involved at church, etc. I guess I have been feeling kind of like a slacker this winter, as I've found myself watching way too much tv. As we started this new year, I set a goal to join Boise Young Professionals. I felt like this would be an excellent way for me to network, meet new people, and give back to my community. Earlier this month I attended my first BYP event (the BYP monthly luncheon). I really tried to go out of my comfort zone... I introduced myself to several other members of BYP and I joined the Civic and Community Involvement Committee.

I know this will probably sound silly, but the entire luncheon, I was just super excited... excited that I was finally getting off my butt and trying something new, excited for the opportunities that I know I will have as part of this organization, excited to make some new friends that have some of the same goals and ambitions, etc. I can't wait for our next event, and am looking forward to helping plan and participate in events from which I can learn and grow and serve.

1 comments:

Lisa O said...

You go girl! That does not sound silly in the least Kim. I'm excited for you and totally admire your determination and the way you make the most of your time.