Monday, May 18, 2009

Lesson Learned: Read the Label

Monday, May 18, 2009
So a few weeks ago I bought some cool new white linen pants. Not only did I love these pants, but they completed a cute new outfit. They were a total splurge, as I forked out more than I normally would on a pair of pants.

Well what happens when you wear white? Of course, the pants got dirty, so I threw them in the laundry. What was I thinking? I always check the labels on my dress pants (most of which are dry clean only), so why didn't I check this label? I ended up washing my "dry clean only" pants with the rest of my whites. When I pulled the pants out of the dryer this weekend, I found that the pant legs were now several inches shorter than the liner. Ugh! Seriously, I think they shrunk 6 inches! In one wash! They are now completely unwearable (after only wearing them once) and are in my DI sack. I'm totally bummed.

0 comments: