Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekend Projects

Monday, May 25, 2009
Wow, I had another BUSY weekend. I was going non-stop the entire time. Here are a couple of my projects.

I planted my garden! I planted tomatoes (roma, grape, and yellow pear), bell pepper, butternut squash, cilantro, onions, jalepeno pepper, and peas. That was a lot to cram into my little garden space, but I'm hoping for some yummy veggies this summer!
A few weeks ago, I took the afternoon off work to get some rock to landscape my backyard. BJ and I hauled three truckloads of river rock and lined each of the beds. I hadn't really prepped for the work, so we just laid the rock right on top of the grass. Well, as you can imagine, grass started to grow up between each of the rocks. I spent several hours on Saturday rolling out the rock, digging out the grass that was under the rock, cutting and laying strips of weed barrier, and then putting the rocks back. My back and shoulders are sore from shoveling and working with the rock, but it was worth it. I love the end result!

1 comments:

Mandi said...

It looks nice! Hopefully I will get to see it in person in a couple of weeks!