Saturday, November 28, 2009

November 28

Saturday, November 28, 2009

As you know, my family has a tradition of decorating gingerbread houses each year for Christmas. The last couple years, my mom has made extra house pieces so I could invite a friend to join us in this tradition. Mandy and her son Noah joined us again this year and we all had a really fun time. I loved listening to Noah describe how he wanted to decorate his house... he really liked using "patterns" in his decor. I guess he's been learning lots about patterns in his class at school :-) And I LOVED Beki's house this year - she made a log cabin complete with a sledding hill... how creative! My house looks surprisingly similar to other houses I've made in the past :-) Anyway, today I am thankful for my generous mother, for not only making me gingerbread house pieces, but also making house pieces for Mandy & Noah!

0 comments: