Saturday, January 09, 2010

Another Walmart Story

Saturday, January 09, 2010
I don't think I have purchased anything from WalMart since last December when I posted about Smelly Shoes.  Well, after talking with some friends at bootcamp this morning, I decided to stop by today to pick up a yoga mat that was on sale (I think I'm going to add yoga to my workout routine each Saturday!)  Should've known I would have another "WalMart experience".  Anyone that knows me knows I love my canvas shopping bags.  I had forgotten to bring one in to the store, so I decided to just carry my couple items out without a bag - besides, a yoga mat wouldn't have fit in a plastic WalMart bag anyway.  As I walked out, a janitor lady came running and yelling after me to stop.  She literally chased me down!  She glared at me and asked to see my receipt.  She thought I was shoplifting!  It took her a while to study my receipt before she finally handed it back to me and let me leave the store.  Seriously?  I think I would have rather paid a couple more dollars to get it at Target.  What was I thinking?

2 comments:

rawhide said...

so i went to walmart on friday and i will never go back there again...well to that walmart anyways. the line to return something took 30 minutes with people screaming about the wait, then i heard people talking about vaginas, and then the checkout line took 30 minutes and people did not know what to do...it was crazy!!! and i got home and my roommate told me that they make the prices more expensive at that walmart in salt lake city to keep the poor people poor and to keep going back to the store. way retarded!!!!

Corinne said...

Hilarious...well not really but hearing about it made me laugh about similar experiences I have had at stores with my own canvas bags. :)