Friday, January 01, 2010

Skiing, Take Two

Friday, January 01, 2010
Wow, what a difference boots can make!  Whereas I enjoyed my time skiing on Tuesday, I couldn't get over how uncomfortable the boots were.  I did think it was weird that it took both me and Beki to put my boots on and take them off.  We literally couldn't get the clasps together, and when we did, I thought the top clasp was going to cut off circulation to the rest of my foot.  The guy at Sports Authority (where I rented my gear) asked if I could wiggle my toes, and when I answered that I could, he decided that the boots fit.  I didn't really have anything to compare it to, so I skied all day with those uncomfortable things on my feet.

Today was a completely different story.  The boots I rented from Bogus felt like slippers compared to the ones I rented earlier this week.  Wow, they sure made skiing that much more enjoyable!  I went up first thing this morning with Mandi, TJ, and Beki.  I just did the bunny hill again, but I really had a great time.  It was fun to be up there early because there were no lines for the lift.  I went down the hill probably close to 20 times in the two hours we were up there.  The snow was great.  The 10 new inches yesterday, and even more this morning, made the skiing smooth, almost like glass.  I felt in control and confident and am starting to think I could really get into this sport.  I even bought a pair of goggles... one step closer!

0 comments: