Thursday, January 28, 2010

Broken Spring

Thursday, January 28, 2010
Last night at approximately 10:02 pm, I heard a loud noise in my garage.  At least I was pretty certain it came from my garage.  I sat quietly for a minute, listening for more sounds.  I contemplated what I should do, including the possibility of grabbing one of my large kitchen knives and going out into the garage to see who or what was there.  I quickly decided that wasn't a valid option, since someone who broke into my garage could probably overtake me with my knife.  Instead, I texted Jen that I was kind of creeped out.  I locked the door between my house and garage, and then locked myself in my bedroom for the rest of the night.

This morning, I got ready as normal... but as I went to open my garage door, the door wouldn't open more than 8 inches and there was a horribly loud clicking noise.  This is what I found:

The garage door spring broke!  The door was too heavy for me to lift, so I couldn't get my Blazer out of the garage.  I called Jen to tell her about the source of the noise, and it was just my luck that she hadn't left for work yet and offered to drop me off at work on her way in.  The garage door company wasn't able to fit me in until tomorrow, so my brother gave me a ride home from work.  Thanks Jen and BJ for your help!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I am glad you weren't in your garage when that happened. It is loud and scary and very dangerous!

Sally said...

Scary! We had that happen, too! I hope it gets fixed soon!