Sunday, January 10, 2010

No. 1 in 2010? It's a no-brainer.

Sunday, January 10, 2010
Well, the final season polls came out on Friday, and Boise State ended up with a #4 ranking.  That's great, don't get me wrong, but a little disappointing when we're one of two undefeated teams this season - we went 14-0 and won a BCS bowl game.  I would have really loved to see us at #2.  I know people will argue about strength-of-schedule and that we would never win against some of the power-houses of the bigger conferences, but I disagree.  I think Boise State has a great football program and can play with the best.  Many thought that TCU was worthy of playing in this year's national championship game, and would have ranked them #2 if they had beat us in the Fiesta Bowl.

Now the talk had moved onto where Boise State will be ranked in the pre-season polls.  I liked this article by Pat Ford who makes a case to rank Boise State #1 in the pre-season polls based on our recent winning history, returning almost all of our starters, and the fact that we have an amazing coaching staff.  Go Broncos!

0 comments: