Saturday, October 30, 2010

Busy Week!

Saturday, October 30, 2010
I'm not one to usually lump different events into one blog post, but I've had such a packed week I decided to go ahead and just post once for the entire week.

Monday
In case you forgot, I love Chuck.  I was excited for fall because that meant Boise State football and the return of good television.  Every Monday night, six of us get together for what we have nicknamed "Chuckaholics Anonymous".  We bond together as we watch Chuck on the big screen (well my wall actually - with my projector).

Tuesday
The Bronco game was on Tuesday this week.  We played Louisiana Tech, and it was a closer game than some of the last few games.  There were also some exciting plays, including our quarterback Kellen Moore punting a ball and receiving a touchdown pass!  Here's a picture of Mandy and me at the game - it was pretty chilly... funny to think that earlier this month I was wakeboarding!!!
Wednesday
Over my lunch break on Wednesday, I volunteered with some of my co-workers at Sustainable Futures.  We spent the hour scraping labels off of old beer, wine, and liquor bottles so that they can be re-purposed into glasses, wind chimes, etc.  It was neat to participate in the mission of Sustainable Futures and to get to know some of the other staff who work on campus.
Wednesday evening was our monthly book club gathering.  We chose to eat at Bombay Grill to discuss this month's book - The Life of Pi.  I decided I really like certain Indian food... I will be back!

Thursday
Thursday evening I attended the Idaho Governor Debates in the capitol building.  I have never attended anything like this before, but I am trying to be a more involved, more informed citizen.  I wasn't sure how enthralling it would be, but I ended up really enjoying it.  I'm glad I went!  Don't forget to vote next Tuesday!
Friday
Last night was the annual BYP Halloween carnival.  We teamed up with the downtown YMCA to put on a carnival for the community.  I was in charge of the mystery boxes... ya know - where you have to put your hand through a hole in the box and try to guess what's inside.  We had old fingers (skinny pickles), intestines (cooked fettuccine noodles), witch's tongue (sliced hotdogs), dead skin (dry onion skin), spider legs (fuzzy pipe cleaners), eyeballs (large olives), brains (boiled whole tomatoes), and dragon droppings (raisins).  The mystery boxes was in the "haunted house" - the rock climbing gym with spooky music and a strobe light.  In addition to the haunted house, there was face painting, a bean bag toss, cake walk, hula hoop throw, slime station where you could make slime, spin art, a photo booth, etc.  The night ended with an apple bob in the pool (does that sound totally disgusting to anyone else???)  All in all, it was a great evening, and there were a ton of kids and families who came to enjoy the festivities.
Brett, me, Erik, & Michelle

Saturday
Today I am tired.  I was up late every night this week.  I would like to take a nap, but I need to clean my house (it's a disaster), go grocery shopping, do laundry, and prep for a Halloween get together we're having tomorrow... I'm obviously procrastinating by blogging :-)  Oh well, we'll see what I can get done before the end of the day!

0 comments: