Sunday, August 14, 2011

Changes...

Sunday, August 14, 2011
I am usually okay with change, but when it comes to ward boundary changes, I haven't really had a good track record.  Having had a major stake reorganization that left me devastated in June 2006, followed by another stake reorganization in December 2010 that was kind of rough, I wasn't looking forward to tonight's stake meeting where we knew there would be new stake and ward boundary shifts.  Basically what happened is we lost two wards to a stake to our east (the Boise North Stake), including my parents' ward, and we gained two wards from the stake to our west.  In addition, they did some new ward alignment within our stake... I'm still not sure of the complete affect these changes have on my ward.  I'm waiting for the final boundary changes to get posted online, but it seems we may have had some significant shifts, losing some families and gaining others.  The changes go into effect Sunday, August 28th, so I guess I'll really understand the whole of the changes at that point.

Regardless of the changes, I surprisingly feel completely at peace.  Maybe it's just because I'm at a really good place in my life right now.  I guess what's important is that I have the faith to know that these changes were necessary and inspired, and I will do my best to embrace them and move forward with a positive attitude.

2 comments:

siredge said...

Kim-

I tried to put together a list of people so we could figure out what home teaching assignments would need to change. I want to put in folks joining the ward as well, but I don't have that information yet.

10th Warders not joining the Frontier Ward:
Allyon, Ricardo
Anderson, Kirk and Cheryl
Barfuss, Shane & Misty
Box, Melissa
Burt, Bill and Rhonda
Carney, Jerry and Jan
Clegg, Ben
Davis, Brent and Lori
DeLaet, Doug and Eric
Earnhart, Sarah
Fackrell, Kelly and Vicki
Garrison, Aaron and Elizabeth
Gonzalez-Rubio, Sonia
Grizmala, Mandi
Gyllenskogs, Joel and Pat
Hale, Stephanie
Hardesty, Cheryl
Hiner, Ruthann
Hutchins, John and Megan
Inman, Tony and Wendy
Jackman, Dugan Scott
Jensen, Rick and Tammy
Jorgenson, Shantel
Macmillan, Mary
Martin, Fred and Darla
McRill, Kayla
Nebeker, Mary
Ormond, Dave and Gayle
Ormond, Rob and Katie
Puderbaugh, Jesse
Reese, Maryanne
Rogers, Corianne
Rogers, Tim and Rosie
Schwendiman, Jon
Skeem, Ryan
Smiths, Sonny and Kathy
Sonntag, John
Steele, Terry and Darlene
Strickland, John
Thueson, Erik
Wilkins, Heather

Sally said...

I wonder if we would have been in the same stake :). Glad to hear you're OK with it. We lived in 2 houses .5 miles apart and were in 4 wards in 3 years. Fun times. Any news about a temple location yet? I heard President Monson was there this past week. So excited for you guys! Congrats on your new job, shooting, and rafting. You look great and it sounds like summer has been AWESOME!