Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fun Weekend!

Sunday, August 14, 2011
I have had the best weekend!  So even though I'm exhausted from a couple fun-filled days, I'm going to sacrifice sleep a little longer to blog (I know if I didn't blog now, I would probably just lay in bed thinking about how I wanted to blog).

I had a vacation day from work yesterday - my group of friends had all originally planned on going camping, but that fell through, so Matt planned a little adventure for us so that my vacation day wasn't a waste.  We drove up to Idaho City, and after a tasty lunch, we headed out to do some shooting.  I have been shooting before, but it's been a really long time since I shot a hand gun.  Matt was a great teacher.  He taught me about the different guns (i.e. single action vs double action) and then taught me how to hold the gun and gave me some pointers on shooting.  I started off a little rusty, but got better as I went along, even hitting the target with most of my shots :-)

We went on another adventure today - Matt and I joined Brandee's family to raft the South Fork of the Payette River.  I had always thought it would be cool to raft Staircase (the main rapids on that stretch of the river), but I was too nervous to go with an inexperienced guide.  I always seem to have flashbacks to when some friends floated this section of the river, and how scared people got because they couldn't manage the boat.  So... we booked our trip with Cascade Raft and Kayak, had an amazing experienced guide, and had an awesome time!  We even all managed to stay in the boat through the Class III and Class IV rapids.
Rafting through Staircase - check out our expressions!
Me & Matt - we made it down the river in one piece!
Finally, tonight we went to Merritt's to celebrate David's birthday and because Tyler was in town this weekend for his triathlon.  Mmmm, cinnamon sugar scones.  And some great tunes on the jukebox.  I couldn't have asked for a better end to the night :-)

3 comments:

Beki and Bryce said...

sounds better than camping!!!

Kimberly said...

I agree... probably better than camping :-)

Mandi said...

Looks like you had an awesome weekend! So jealous you went white water rafting and shooting looked like fun, too.