Sunday, August 21, 2011

Out With a Bang

Sunday, August 21, 2011
Friday was my last day in the Registrar's Office.  Your last day is supposed to be filled with wandering around saying goodbye to people and cleaning your office, right?  Well, good thing I cleaned my office Thursday and that I'm not really going very far, because my last day was nothing close to enjoyable or relaxing.  In fact, it's safe to say it was my worst day in the Registrar's Office in the six years I worked there.  Not only were we trying to make Summer grades official, but we ran a new process and it didn't turn out as we were expecting.  Technology is wonderful, but it really sucks when things don't go right.  There were a couple times when I was pretty close to tears.  I won't go into details here, but suffice it to say it was horrible and there were ten of us who stayed until 7:00 at night trying to clean up the process.  I'm just hoping we did everything we needed to.  I am so thankful to wonderful supportive co-workers who went above and beyond to help dig us out of our mess.  I sure am going to miss seeing them every day.

I did take a two minute break to get a picture with some of my favorite people in the Registrar's Office.  I will miss these ladies.  Good thing I can smile on command, because this was just after we received the horrible news that our process didn't work and that we had tons of manual cleanup ahead of us :-)
Kris, Jami, me, Mandy, & Brooke
Thanks to Jen, David, and Matt, my evening cheered me up.  We went to the drive-in movie theater in Caldwell and watched Transformers.  I haven't been to a drive-in movie in years, and I had a lot of fun just being with them... and it got my mind off my rotten day!  Thanks guys :-)


2 comments:

Mandy Nelson said...

It was a sucky way to end your time in the Registrar's Office! Glad your evening was better. Not looking forward to my 1st day without you in the office... :-(

Jami said...

Miss you already Kim and it is only Monday.