Friday, August 19, 2011

Slowly But Surely

Friday, August 19, 2011
My garden has seemed a bit pathetic this year.  Normally by this time, my tomato plants are out of control - not only giant and taking over my garden, but producing hundreds of tomatoes.  I'm not sure if it was just the fact that I had to plant so late, or that my soil is tired of me planting tomatoes in the same spot, or that my green thumb when it comes to tomatoes has somehow disappeared after 7 years, but I have the three wimpiest looking tomato plants in my garden right now.  We won't even talk about the rest of my veggies!

I guess all I can do is try and be patient... and maybe keep up with weeding a little better.  Perhaps my tomato plants are being stubborn this year because they felt I had neglected them?  It's true that I haven't been out back much and, until Wednesday when I cleaned them up, the weeds had pretty much taken over the bed :-(

Needless to say, I did have a little joy last night.  I picked the few tomatoes that my plants had produced, along with some basil off my basil plant, and I made caprese salad for dinner.  It was completely fresh and delicious.


1 comments:

The Thackers said...

Wimpy tomatoes or not, that looks DELISH!!! YUMMY!! :) LOVE that salad!!